The course for periodontology can be divided into 2 categories
BASIC COURSE: Perio-Aesthetics
- 1. Introduction to periodontology
- 2. Clinical diagnosis and treatment planning
- 3. Phases of Treatment
- i. 1st phase: Non-surgical l treatment comprising of
- a. Operator positions
- b. Scaling and curettage: using the correct scalers and curettes
- c. Chemical plaque control
- 4. Biological width concept
Hands on for scaling and root planning.
Demo of different types of universal scalers their use and Gracey curettes, their locations of use and their positioning.
- 1. Phases of treatment
ii. Surgical phase:
- a. Surgical designs and treatment planning
- b. Gingivectomy
- c. Frenectomy
- d. Crown lengthening.
iii. Restorative phase
- a. Interdisciplinary periodontics:
Hands on demo of the surgeries on patient and pigs jaw.
- 1. Periodontal flaps
- a. Introduction to a periodontal flap.
- b. When, what, where and why?
- c. Types of periodontal flaps
- d. Hand on demo on pig’s jaw
- 2. Perio-plastic surgeries
- a. Gingival recession: classification and treatments available
- b. Free gingival graft
- c. Connective tissue graft
- 3. Implant and Perio-aesthetics
- a. Concept of biological width around implant
- b. How much is adequate
- c. Augmentation of gingiva around implants
- i. Palacchi technique
- ii. Buccal roll flap technique
- iii. Pouch and tunnel technique (vista tech)
Demo of all the perio-plastic techniques Hands on pigs jaw all the taught techniques